Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I Have Enough - Day 54

More than enough, actually.

Lately, I've found operation "No More Stuff" to be pretty easy. And that's been bothering me.

I kept thinking, "If I'm not struggling, I must not be learning anything!" I panicked. So I kept trying to figure it out... what have I learned lately? Why has this not been hard the last few weeks?

And then, sitting in church Sunday listening to a sermon on giving, it hit me like a ton of bricks...

It hasn't been so hard because
I HAVE everything I NEED.

Pretty novel concept, huh? It's something we don't think too often - at least I don't. But it's true. Do I have moments where I want to go buy a new pair of heels? Yep. Will it be tough when the sun finally starts shining again and spring fever makes me want some new warm weather clothes? I'm sure. But in His grace, God has started showing me through this experience that I can get by just fine with what I have. I'm more than fine - I am abundantly blessed with way more than I need to not just survive, but live a rich life of excess.

So I was sorely mistaken... yep, I'm learning all right. Pretty cool lessons at that.

1 comment:

  1. I don't have everything i need yet...I need you come to Columbus this weekend for Tracy's birthday :) Let me know if you can :)

    Seth

    ReplyDelete